Front-wheel&-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles may be dinghy towed from the front. These vehicles can also be towed by placing them on a platform trailer with all four wheels off of the ground. For other towing options, see “Dolly Towing” following in this section.
For vehicles being dinghy towed, the vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about five minutes. This will ensure proper lubrication of transmission components.
To tow the vehicle from the front with all four wheels on the ground:
1. Position the vehicle that will be towed and secure it to the towing vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN.
3. Shift the transmission to N (Neutral).
4. Turn the ignition key to ACC/ ACCESSORY.
5. Turn all accessories off.
6. To prevent the battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove fuse 32, the Discrete Logic Ignition Switch fuse, from the instrument panel fuse block and store it in a safe location. See Instrument Panel Fuse Block on page 10‑42.
Notice: If the vehicle is towed without performing each of the steps listed under “Dinghy Towing,” the automatic transmission could be damaged. Be sure to follow all steps of the dinghy towing procedure prior to and after towing the vehicle.
Notice: If 105 km/h (65 mph) is exceeded while towing the vehicle, it could be damaged. Never exceed 105 km/h (65 mph) while towing the vehicle.
Once the destination has been reached:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Shift the transmission to P (Park).
3. Turn the ignition key to LOCK/OFF.
4. Install fuse 32, the Discrete Logic Ignition Switch fuse. See Instrument Panel Fuse Block on page 10‑42.
5. Start the engine and let it idle for more than three minutes before driving the vehicle.
Notice: Too much or too little fluid can damage the transmission. Be sure that the transmission fluid is at the proper level before towing with all four wheels on the ground.
Notice: Do not tow a vehicle with the front drive wheels on the ground if one of the front tires is a compact spare tire. Towing with two different tire sizes on the front of the vehicle can cause severe damage to the transmission.
▷ The mobile phone is suitable. ▷ The mobile phone is ready for operation. ▷ Bluetooth is activated in the vehicle and on the mobile phone. ▷ Bluetooth presettings may need to be made on the mobile phone, e.g., for a connection without confirmation or visibility, ref ...
General information Vehicles with KEYLESS-GO are equipped with a SmartKey featuring an integrated KEYLESSGO function and a detachable Start/Stop button. The Start/Stop button must be inserted in the ignition lock and the KEYLESS-GO key must be in the vehicle. Pressing the Start/Stop but ...
Aluminum alloy wheels
Wash the wheels regularly with a sponge dampened in a mild soap solution, especially during winter months in areas where road salt is used. If not removed, road salt can discolor the wheels. CAUTION Follow the directions below to avoid staining or discoloring the wheels: ● Do not use a ...